Skin brushing? Yes, you heard that right!
Skin brushing is often the most neglected but one of the most effective detox plan for your body and mostly importantly, your skin. The basic idea is to get your lymphatic system moving and hence detox your body by releasing the metabolic waste.
Skin exfoliation is not just to be focused on the facial skin, but for the entire body as skin regeneration happens just as much on any other part of your body and the skin can get clogged from excess toxins and dead cells. This is a great and inexpensive way to get all those nasty toxins out.
How to dry brush:
- The first step is to buy yourself a soft natural bristles skin brush which is usually quite inexpensive. Make sure you start off with very soft strokes and your body will slowly get used to it and you can gradually increase the pressure.
- Do a test brush to see how your skin reacts. Do not dry brush over sensitive skin
- Brush towards the direction of lymph drainage. Here’s a quick map to give you an idea:
- Start at your feet and work in circular motions towards your heart
- Your skin must be dry before you start and throughout. Do not wet the skin.
- Once you’ve finished shower as you normally would and apply a body butter or body oil after
Have you tried dry skin brushing? Have more tips? Let us know in the comments below 🙂
Happy skin brushing!